The following setup will install Rapticore Freemium in a new VPC in your AWS account. The setup process will deploy all necessary services and security groups needed.
Rapticore Freemium Terms of Service
Rapticore Freemium is provided as per the Rapticore Freemium License Terms of Service . By using Rapticore Freemium you agree to the terms as noted in the agreement.
To simplify setup, we provide CloudFormation templates YAML format to facilitate the deployment.
The setup script will create the following resources in your AWS Account:
- A new public VPC CIDR 10.0.0.0/16
- A new public subnet CIDR 10.0.1.0/24
- A new Internet Gateway
- A Public route
- Security Group with Public Inbound access on ports 80 and 443
- IAM Instance Profile for the Rapticore Freemium EC2 Instance
- Rapticore Freemium EC2 Instance
Rapticore Freemium customers are responsible for all AWS costs associated with running Rapticore Freemium Self-hosted version. The estimated monthly cost of running Rapticore Freemium using t3.medium is US $30.46. Please note that these are estimates and the actual costs might vary.
- Download the CloudFormation Template as a
- Log into your target account AWS Management Console with appropriate permissions
- Go to the CloudFormation Service and click the "Create stack" button on the top right corner of the screen
- Select "Template is Ready" and then select "Upload a template file"
- Choose the YAML file you downloaded and click “Next”
- Enter a Friendly Name for the stack, e.g., Rapticore-freemium-stack
- Click "Next" Review Details and select the acknowledgment checkbox once in agreement.
- Click “Create stack” and review the progress
- Once the stack is created, click the Outputs tab and copy the URL of the created EC2 instance.
- Please allow up to 5 minutes after the setup is complete for Rapticore Freemium to complete its internal setup. This is for first-time setup only.
Troubleshooting: Public IP Address Missing on EC2
In case the newly created Rapticore Freemium instance does not automatically obtain an IP address, please follow these steps:
1 - Allocate a new Elastic Public IP from the EC2 Console.
2 - Attach the newly created Elastic Public IP to the Running Rapticore Freemium Instance.
Rapticore Freemium uses a self-signed TLS certificate resulting in a certificate warning in the browser. This will be updated in the coming releases.
Rebooting after first bootup
Rebooting the instance once it is fully up will ensure that the instance is updated with the latest version of Rapticore Freemium.
Follow the setup guide for IAM Role for Rapticore Freemium to get you started.
Updated over 1 year ago