The following setup will install Rapticore Standard in an existing VPC in your AWS account. The setup process will deploy all necessary services and security groups needed.
Rapticore Standard Terms of Service
Rapticore Standard is provided as per the Rapticore Standard Terms of Service . By using Rapticore Standard you agree to the terms as noted in the agreement.
To simplify setup, we provide CloudFormation templates YAML format to facilitate the deployment.
The setup script will create the following resources in your AWS Account:
- Security Group with Public Inbound access on ports 80 and 443
- Network Load balancer
- Network Load balancer Target Group
- ACM Certificate
- DNS Records for domain name
- IAM Instance Profile for the Rapticore Standard EC2 Instance
- Rapticore Standard EC2 Instance
Rapticore Standard customers are responsible for all AWS costs associated with running Rapticore Standard Self-hosted version. The estimated monthly cost of running Rapticore Standard using t3.medium is US $30.46. Please note that these are estimates and the actual costs might vary.
- Download the CloudFormation Template as a
- Log into your target account AWS Management Console with appropriate permissions
- Go to the CloudFormation Service and click the "Create stack" button on the top right corner of the screen
- Select "Template is Ready" and then select "Upload a template file"
- Choose the YAML file you downloaded and click “Next”
- Enter a Friendly Name for the stack, e.g., Rapticore-standard-stack
- Select an existing Public VPC
- Select an existing Public Subnet within that VPC
- Select an existing Route 53 Hosted Zone Id where domain name record will be created.
- Provide a domain name for your Rapticore Instance.
- Click “Next” and add any tags you may desire
- Click "Next" Review Details and select the acknowledgment checkbox once in agreement.
- Click “Create stack” and review the progress
ACM Certificate Validation
The stack creation will not complete until you validate ACM Certificate created by this CloudFormation template. ACM Certificate will be validated using DNS validation.
1 - Go to the ACM Console - Certificate List
2 - Identify the certificate created by this Cloud formation template. (It should be in Pending Validation state.
3 - Click on Certificate Id to open its detail page.
4 - In Domains Section, Click on Create Records in Route 53.
5 - Click Create Records to create required CNAME records.
6 - Wait for the certificate state to change to "Issued".
You may refer to AWS Documentation for further details.
- Once the stack is created, click the Outputs tab and copy the URL of the created EC2 instance.
- Please allow up to 5 minutes after the setup is complete for Rapticore Standard to complete its internal setup. This is for first-time setup only.
Rebooting after first bootup
Rebooting the instance once it is fully up will ensure that the instance is updated with the latest version of Rapticore Standard.
Updated 9 months ago